IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.

Year View| Summary| Highlights| August 2000 (Month View)

01.08.2000Tuesday 1 August

It rained.
  I was very tired and didn’t get up until 10:30. It rained off and on all day. Shan came over. Jade went to Mareeba with Craig. Shan played Microsoft Motocross Madness. I made a spring for my MagLite and got the second one going. Some fellow rang up about Ric and a Kombi Van. I am attempting to type with all the right fingers and without looking at the keyboard. It is quite hard and I can’t do it yet.

02.08.2000Wednesday 2 August

We went for a bush walk. We didn’t get back until 2:00 PM. Jade, Shan and Ella came over. I went up to Doug and Elisabeth’s to look at their satellite decoder. I couldn’t fix it so I phoned Peter.

03.08.2000Thursday 3 August

Town day. I went to town with Bob. We condemned Doug’s satellite decoder. I went to Silas’s for half the day. I put a lot of Phaselink antennas together (PL10’s). It is raining, and looks as though it will be wet tomorrow, although it is impossible for me to tell. I got my solar panel (from Jaycar’s (which Silas ordered)) today. It looks all right although it is a mono-crystalline panel (supposed to be less efficient). It has max V 8.1, max I 130 and max P 1 written on the back. I suppose that means 8.1 volts, 130 milliamps and 1 watt.
  I chatted on mIRC again. Dale (Bungi) kicked me out and banned me for a while. I need to be able to get back in after being banned.

04.08.2000Friday 4 August

I got a lift to town as it is raining and I cannot do anything else here. I got a lift with Stony to the roadworks and a lift from there to town with Meera. I saw a letter saying Meere Dilleward so she must be married. I went to Silas’ for most of the day.
  I stayed the night at Cassidy’s. It rained.

05.08.2000Saturday 5 August

I went down to Silas’ shop. I stayed there most of the day. It rained. I stayed the night at Cassidy’s.

06.08.2000Sunday 6 August

Once again I went to Silas’ shop for most of the day. Once again I stayed at Cassidy’s.

07.08.2000Monday 7 August

I went to Silas’ for most of the day. Ric phoned up and said that he was coming in to pick up his newly bought Kombi. He towed it with Rod’s draw bar and I steered it. We had a near mishap when the drawbar came loose and slipped, the kombi running into the rear of Ric’s car. It is raining. It is also a quarter past 12 so I had really better get to bed.

08.08.2000Tuesday 8 August

It rained nearly all day. I went over to Jones’. I made a macro enabled Internet timer in Excel. I also took my keyboard apart (not recommended, the keys are loose and can all fall out).

09.08.2000Wednesday 9 August

Surprisingly enough it did not rain at all today. Nevertheless it was cloudy nearly all day. I was attempting to test my new solar panel but the sun would not stay out for long enough. It appears that the larger panel has nearly twice the voltage of the smaller panel but not as much current. The current is nearly the same though. I am using Dragon NaturallySpeaking again, but this time with a handheld microphone. It appears to be working better than when I was using the headset microphone, but it is hard to tell. It is also a long time since I have used Dragon NaturallySpeaking, and I probably have a slightly different intonation. It is 8:15 pm, and I am going to try and have an early night. Talking to the computer is definitely a lot quicker and easier than typing, although it can be more difficult when Dragon NaturallySpeaking cannot recognize what I am saying. It is now 9:30 PM. I am now going to go to bed.

10.08.2000Thursday 10 August

Mum went to town. I went out for a bush walk.

11.08.2000Friday 11 August

I went to town with Joneses. Shan, Jade and I went to Silas’. I ended up staying in town at Cassidy’s and getting a lift home with Silas in the morning (tomorrow).

12.08.2000Saturday 12 August

Sarah and I went over to Joneses. We ended up having a stay over here. Sarah went to bed early but I stayed up until nearly 4:30.

13.08.2000Sunday 13 August

I am very tired and feel a bit sick (hay fever, flu). I didn’t do much today.

14.08.2000Monday 14 August

I pumped up. I then drove to town and went to Silas’. I looked up the Kumbha Mela amongst other things. I also updated the Internet timing spreadsheet. I feel sick and think that I may have flu.

15.08.2000Tuesday 15 August

I went for a bush walk. I got back at around 2 PM. I tried some rust converters (which I got from Dad’s) on the caravan draw bar. It hasn’t been long enough to see if they have worked or not yet. I am trying to learn to type without looking at the keyboard. It is reasonably hard but I can see that I will learn it without too much trouble if I persist. The problem is that I keep getting sick of it, as I am still so slow and I can type so much faster when I look at the keyboard. I can type even faster if I type with only two fingers.
  “This was typed with two fingers at about the speed I normally type it took about 42 seconds and is reproduced exactly as typed with akll (all) the typos still in...”
  “This was typed trying to se (use) all my fingers and looking at the keyboard. I am using most of my fingers and also attempting to correct the typos as I go. It took 53 seconds to type”
  “This was typed without looking at the keyboard and took 89 seconds”.
Typing Stats
Stats: Two fingers, 30(+1) words, 42 seconds 42.857143 words/minute.
  All fingers looking 37(+1) words, 53 seconds 41.886792 words per minute.
  All fingers, not looking 12 words 89 seconds 8.0898876 words per minute.
Obviously these figures are very approximate as I have only done one test on them and the sentences are too short to be conclusive. I will continue to type trying to use all my fingers but looking at the keyboard and I hope that I will then be able to gradually stop looking at the keyboard when my fingers get used to the positions f the keys. I also need lots of practice in using all of my fingers (and particularly the correct ones) for typing. I still make lots of mistakes and find that I am not even using some of my fingers. I am also trying to train my let hand to se the mouse (with the buttons still set in the right hand manner). It is quite hard, I feel like a mouse beginner. I keep clicking the wrong mouse buttons and moving the mouse when I want it to stay in the one place. I have difficulty in selecting the correct areas but the lump on my right pointer (or maybe index? Next to my thumb) finger has come back and I want to give that finger a spell from using the mouse. I still need to use my right hand for playing quake however, as my left isn’t accurate enough. Actually that has given me an idea... I will try to play quake with my left hand and see how it goes... brb... lol...

16.08.2000Wednesday 16 August

I cannot remember...

17.08.2000Thursday 17 August

Mum went to town. I don’t remember anything else...

18.08.2000Friday 18 August

I drove Dad and Sarah in to town to catch their flight to Perth. I then drove back to the Den to leave the car there for mum. I then got a lift into town with Theresa, and stayed at Silas’ all day and at Cassidy’s that night.

19.08.2000Saturday 19 August

I went to Silas’ all day. I stayed at Cassidy’s at the night. I got a new email . Password <Edit>. 100mb mailbox, but couldn’t get access that night, wouldn’t accept password.

20.08.2000Sunday 20 August

I got a lift out here to Rossville with Amos (Silas’ brother) in the morning. I built Quake maps as I have just worked out how. I went to Joneses after lunch. Shan put his motorbike back together. I copied 2 CD’s for Mathew. Both Pantera ones. I also wrecked 1 disc and had a buffer under run on the other.

21.08.2000Monday 21 August

I drove into town and worked at Peter’s. I also went to Silas’. He said that he is leaving today, so I said goodbye and all that.

22.08.2000Tuesday 22 August

Shan came over and looked at my quake map. It is getting late so I had better go to bed (11:13). Doug came up and I went back to his place and put the cables (AV or RCA) on his satellite system. He wants two more double adaptors.

23.08.2000Wednesday 23 August


24.08.2000Thursday 24 August – Cairns

I got a lift to the den with Mum and then got a lift from the den to Cooktown with two ladies in a Land Rover Discovery. I went to Silas’ (Dales). I printed some photos for the River of Life mob. Ric came in after lunch, and we went to Cairns at around three. I also picked up the two laser pointers from town.

25.08.2000Friday 25 August – Cairns

In Cairns... did shopping etc. Bought a metho burner, solar torch, money wallet/belt, etc. Left Cairns at around 6 PM. Blew a transmission hose on the way home on the windy part of the road that follows the coastline between Cairns and Mossman. We went and saw a guy that Ric knows, staying at the caravan park on the road just after the turn off from Cairns/Mossman towards Cooktown. He is a mad Kombi man.

26.08.2000Saturday 26 August

I walked over to Joneses. Shan came back up here and played Quake. I stayed the night.

27.08.2000Sunday 27 August

I left Joneses just after lunch (although I did not have lunch there). Shan came over with me and played quake and built his map. I also edited some of my map tonight.

28.08.2000Monday 28 August – Filled in Tax Return

I drove to town and went to Silas’ for most of the day. I got a Centrelink letter stating that I need to go to Cairns for an interview on September 1st.
  I filled in my tax return.

29.08.2000Tuesday 29 August

I went to town with Bob. I posted my tax return. Ric went down to pick up a Subaru motor. He phoned Mum and said that he has warped the head on his Falcon, or something like that.

30.08.2000Wednesday 30 August

I phoned Centrelink and FNQ training and told them that I would be unable to attend their interview.

31.08.2000Thursday 31 August

I got a lift into town. I went to Silas’ for most of the day, and Silas is back. He is shutting the shop and selling the computers.

Year View| Summary| Highlights| August 2000 (Month View)

Be Amused

Printed on 100% recycled electrons
W3C CSS 2.0