IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Friday 12 September 2008 (Day View) – I fly from Cairns to Cooktown.
12.09.2008 – Friday 12 September – Cooktown
- • Got up at ten to six and caught a taxi to the SkyTrans terminal. A King Air Super 200 with an attractive young female pilot flew me to Cooktown through heavy cloud and a warning that landing might be delayed due to weather.
The landing ended up being smooth—it was cloudy all the way up to Cooktown then opened up just as we got to Cooktown. Mum picked me up from the airport and we had a chat for a while.
- • Mum has headed off to the doctor. I am checking my email on Mum’s laptop via dialup.
- • Mum has gone to have a nap. I noticed for the first time her upper arms are looking gaunt, though that could well be normal for her age and I just haven’t noticed before. I’m going to have a lie down myself though I don’t know if I’ll be able to sleep-I don’t usually sleep during the day.
- • I woke up. Turns out I can sleep during the day. Mum is cooking.
- • Dad turned up. Expecting Sarah soon.
- • Sarah turned up and we had a nice dinner that Mum made. I found out that Sarah and Vince spent $45,000 on their last big fight night.
- • Sarah has gone home, Mum has gone to bed, having got up at 3 AM, Dad is going to bed, and so am I.