IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Tuesday 16 September 2008 (Day View) – I fly from Cairns to Brisbane.
16.09.2008 – Tuesday 16 September – Brisbane
- • I got up and caught my 5:10am taxi, which arrived at 5:05, to the airport. Check-in went without incident, and I’m now awaiting my 5:40 boarding call for a 6:10 departure.
- • I’ve just woken up because the hostesses came to collect rubbish. I didn’t know Virgin Blue headrests could be raised and wrap around until the person in the seat in front did.
- • The flight, on a Boeing 737-800 was uneventful. I snoozed for most of it. I was asked to take my earphones out and told that I could only use Virgin ones and only with the supplied “entertainment” (it’s $9.90 to access the 24 Austar/Foxtel channels) as I was sitting in an exit row. I walked to work after landing, finding out that the café doesn’t do chips or wedges until after 8:30.
- • I am on the train home. Work was fairly hectic—deadlines have been pushed forward rather drastically and some unforeseen and really annoyingly stupid problems wasted a lot of my time.
- • I walked up to Eagle Boys and got pizza. Bronwen rode over after climbing, and we had a chat and ate pizza, walking up to her parent’s late to get some clothes for her tomorrow.