IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Wednesday 21 December 2005 (Day View) – Bronwen and I move to Auchenflower.
21.12.2005 – Wednesday 21 December – Moving In
- • Bronwen and I packed a full truckload of her stuff, slowly and inefficiently, into her Dad’s truck, and we dropped it down to the new place at Auchenflower. We then drove out to Joe’s, threw my stuff in the back any which way, carefully packing my computer in the back seat, and dropped that at the new place. It is big enough that even with stuff thrown all over the place and mostly still packed, it is neater than my room was when set out—not that my room was the neatest room around.
- • Bronwen’s Dad, herself and I borrowed a friend’s trailer, packed the large things into it, and dropped them off at the new place; surprisingly managing to get large things I thought would never fit through a small door and around a narrow passageway, through that small door and around that narrow passageway. Bronwen and I then spent our first night in our new place, which was rather hot and sultry (although no more so than anywhere else, apparently something to do with the earth going around the sun) and required the able assistance of a fan.
- Comment by sef – Thursday 22 December 2005, 1:20 PM
- What sort of fan? Please include pictures of fan.
- Comment by Ned – Thursday 22 December 2005, 2:22 PM
- Dimplex Turbo Tilt with Whirl Feature
- Comment by Tom – Sunday 25 December 2005, 7:01 PM
- Congrats to both of u ^^ and congrats on ur graduation.
I flew to HK right after my exam so i had to miss the grad ceremony of all those gradding this semester :'( I'll visit u guys when i get back ^^ and tell browen the new ipod sux >_< and that the anime is on the way >_< (i remember saying that last year...)
- Comment by Ned – Monday 2 January 2006, 4:01 PM
- Thanks, and consider her told!
- Comment by B. – Tuesday 3 January 2006, 4:03 PM
- Hi Tom
Told, translates into sending me URL link to this page. I think it is way of getting me to read himself's journal.
I'm not really an ipod fan. The only Mac thing that is widely used and I don't go for it (perhaps I just like being different). But $300+ fashion accessories aren't my thing.
More Naruto would be greatly appreciated, but don't feel hassled. Getting someone else to source and deliver anime to me is lazy even by my standards.
But yes come visit.
- Comment by Maz – Thursday 5 January 2006, 2:04 AM
- B: I think, compared to ned sending you here to be 'told', having someone else deliver stuff is fine.
Ned: Good luck with the new place and if you need any help with internet sharing and stuff I'll be online.
- Comment by Lisa – Thursday 5 January 2006, 7:54 AM
- B: being the girlfriend of a nerd means that all information comes in weblinks. If he's going out tonight, he'll send you a weblink. You ask how his day was, he links you to his journal. Its just the way it is, its like the pony tail, comes as part of the package. I dont really mind it though
- Comment by Ned – Thursday 5 January 2006, 8:55 AM
- Thanks Maz. Just waiting on ADSL at the moment.
Lisa: I am not a nerd! I am not a geek! I am an artiste! Google knows!
P.S. Ponytails are superior.
- Comment by Lisa – Thursday 5 January 2006, 11:45 PM
- You computer types are nerds. Don't take it as an insult. Remember our discussion on Maz's site about nerds being sexy now, which led to the whole geek points thing i think. And i dig the pony tail, I'm trying to grow mine too :P
- Comment by io – Saturday 7 January 2006, 1:45 AM
- *shakes head slowly*
It's no wonder I'm trying to escape into an Arts(Music/?) degree. :-p
thei: How's Bronwen?