IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Friday 8 August 2003 (Day View)
08.08.2003 – Friday 8 August
- • There’s no way I’m going to uni today. I woke up when my alarm went off, and tried to get out of bed. I couldn’t, and when I finally did, I felt sick and had to go to the toilet in case I was going to vomit. By the time I got to the toilet (which is only about 15 footsteps away), I felt so weak, dizzy and sick that I had to sit down on the floor for ten minutes and get my strength up again. I then had a sip of water, which made me sick again and I had to sit down for a bit, after which I managed to make my way to the bathroom and wash my face – which was covered in all sorts of nasty things. I could hardly see. I think I’ve missed an assessable tutorial today, but I’m too sick to really care. Another problem is that I don’t have much food, having planned to buy food on the way home from uni, so I’m nibbling a banana. It’s taken me about an hour to eat less than half the banana. If I eat or drink, or even move, too fast I get dizzy and sick, so I’m taking it very slowly.
- • I got tired and cold and had to go lie down. I put on my warmest top, cuddled under my warmest quilt, and froze.
- • I woke up again all hot and got out of bed. Joe has bought me some milk, cordial, Strepsils and Vicks vapour rub. I’m sipping the cordial; it’s much more palatable than plain water. I’ve actually managed to drink a whole 600-millilitre bottle of it, although I’ve only eaten half my banana.
- • I might go and have another short lie down.
- • I woke up again. I felt as though all the sheets were torn off the bed and twisted tight around me, choking me. I had my warm top on, with all the buttons done up tight and had wriggled lots until everything had moved. I also thought it was much later than nine as I’d looked at the clock and thought it said one, but I guess it must have been seven.
- • I’m feeling cold and tired again, so I guess I’ll go lie down again. I probably should have eaten something – I’ve only eaten half a banana all day, but I simply can’t. The mere thought of eating makes me sick. I’ve been sleeping for so long that I don’t really want to go lie down, but I shall.
- Comment by io – Sunday 10 August 2003, 4:16 AM
- Um.. Are you kidding like you often usually do? Cause this sounds quite awful if true. Seen a doc yet? If above applies, then get well soon. ;-)
- Comment by Ned – Sunday 10 August 2003, 11:42 PM
- Unfortunately, it’s true...