Things Found Only in America
Only in America...
- can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
- are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
- do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
- do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet Coke.
- do banks leave both doors to the vault open and then chain the pens to the counters.
- do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
- do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won’t miss a call from someone we didn’t want to talk to in the first place.
- do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
- do we use the word ‘politics’ to describe the process so well: ‘poli’ in Latin meaning ‘many’ and ‘tics’ meaning ‘bloodsucking creatures’.
- do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.