IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Wednesday 25 April 2007 (Day View)
25.04.2007 – Wednesday 25 April – ANZAC Day
- • I attended the ANZAC Day parade, the one day in Australia when there’s a lot of Australian flags. I managed to catch up with Joe.
- • Work.
- • I was approached by a gent near Roma Street, with “you can help me, or you can call the police”. Twenty dollars, and several minutes, later, I left, feeling somehow guilty for giving him money, but also guilty for not giving him more. I then witnessed two backpackers attempting to kill each other.
- Comment by Mum – Saturday 5 May 2007, 7:12 PM
- What? Twenty dollars and several minutes later. If this is artistic license, designed to make your journal "interesting", well.... Your Mum reads your journal, and it gets up my nose that you write these things which worry me, as if they are just ordinary things. You ought to feel guilty for writing things that are potentially horrible in an offhand and casual manner, just to make you "cool" whatever the hell that is. I am very cross with you. I can only assume the 2 backpackers you saw attempting to kill each other werent besmattered with blood, although if they were it might have made your journal today a little less bland. And a little more interesting to the mob who log in or on or whatever it is that people log onto who have nothing more interesting or educational to do
- Comment by Mum – Saturday 5 May 2007, 7:13 PM
- Get a life.
- Comment by Mum – Saturday 5 May 2007, 7:16 PM
- All of you
- Comment by Mum – Monday 7 May 2007, 5:26 PM
- Sorry. An extreme reaction. Just scared me a bit. I live in the most beautiful part of Australia, where no one locks their car or even their house, well, most of us. Is a bit scarey the things that can happen in the big bad cities. Anyway, Mums will always be Mums and who of you do not stiffen when Ma uses "that" voice. You should not have stolen all those biscuits and sneaked out that night, etc. Did you really think Ma did not know, having " been there, done that". This is addressed to anyone who reads this. Is okay. Is actually love and concern for all you ratbags who have Mum at home, worrying, loving. Thank goodness that He can erase any of my comments that embarrass him. This will, no doubt, be one. Peace