IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Sunday 17 October 2004 (Day View)
17.10.2004 – Sunday 17 October – Rain & Little Else
- • I slept in for a while and then caught a train into uni where I did my COMP3502 tute, some coding for COMP2801, talked to Kieran and Clint, and then headed home again, after buying a falafel roll from the kebab place down the Ville. It’s now raining and a bit cool.
- Site News
- • I’ve modified the search page on most of my sites so that it’s embedded, rather than linking to an external Google page. This is really pressing Google’s terms of service, so I hope they don’t mind.
People write URI’s on the whiteboards at uni, which is often rather stupid but not really a problem, but when people write the URI of my site on the toilet walls at uni, and other people gouge it out again, I begin to wonder. This doesn’t happen to anyone else – should I be worried?
- Comment by Reubot – Monday 18 October 2004, 11:34 AM
- Which toilets?
- Comment by io – Tuesday 19 October 2004, 12:20 PM
- Ned lives only at GP South, so I assume it's those toilets he is talking about.
- Comment by Ned – Tuesday 19 October 2004, 3:50 PM
- Yes, the toilets in GPS. Ironically, and perhaps worryingly, someone has now rewritten a gouged-out URI.
- Comment by Mum – Tuesday 19 October 2004, 8:12 PM
- These things give me the pip. Cant you just try to be a nice ordinary nonentity, easily forgettable, bland, blase, boring as all shivers, so Mum doesna hae to worry, mon? (O' te greying hairs).
- Comment by Ned – Tuesday 19 October 2004, 10:06 PM
- I haven’t intentionally done anything different to anyone else – although obviously I have somehow.
- Comment by sef – Wednesday 20 October 2004, 3:44 AM
- What kebab store?
- Comment by Ned – Wednesday 20 October 2004, 4:06 AM
- It’s interesting that you should ask.
- Comment by Lucas – Wednesday 20 October 2004, 11:53 AM
- You should take pictures of the URI's and put them up, both gouged and non-gouged (if there are any).
- Comment by Reubot – Wednesday 20 October 2004, 11:56 AM
- I kinda meant which toilet location, I did a good check of the 2nd-level male toilets and a semi check of the 1st-level ones in GPS but I couldn't find them...
- Comment by Reubot – Wednesday 20 October 2004, 2:05 PM
- Alright, I went down to GPS and found it this time....Can you say NEDDAGE? (Maybe you could say the wall was nedded).
- Comment by Ned – Wednesday 20 October 2004, 2:35 PM
- I always wanted to be famous, but I’m not quite sure if this was what I had in mind...
- Comment by graham – Thursday 21 October 2004, 10:28 PM
- perhaps someone just wanted to get mentioned on your site, Ned. You are a celebrity, after all.