IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Wednesday 10 September 2003 (Day View)
10.09.2003 – Wednesday 10 September
- • I finally have all the errors fixed and can submit this awful thing before the five o’clock deadline. I’m not very confident on getting a good result, as I pretty well just hacked together something that looked right, and edited it until there weren’t any errors. This has been an intense assignment. I started around half past one, after waking at midday, and spent half an hour commenting and formatting code, then an hour sorting out a test plan, and another hour and a half implementing that test plan, messing with Roast, command prompts, Java errors and other awful things. “Roast is a framework designed to support automated testing of Java APIs. Roast scripts are typically highly automated, with programmatic input generation and output checking.” It’s a good idea, but its syntax leaves a bit to be desired, although I think it’s a bit ironic that a Java testing system uses Perl. Now I just have to finish off my other assignment that’s due at my practical tomorrow, and draw up some entity relationship diagrams to show my INFS1200 group tomorrow.
- Comment by DK – Wednesday 10 September 2003, 8:08 PM
- Good luck - I am sure you'll be OK (re: uni work) ;)
- Comment by Ned – Thursday 11 September 2003, 1:15 AM
- Thanks. It looks like I might need it this semester. I’ve just discovered that one of my upcoming mid-semester exams is worth 30% of the course. That’s terrible.