IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Friday 8 April 2005 (Day View) – I don’t choke & am awarded excellence in tutoring.
08.04.2005 – Friday 8 April – File Transfer Server-Clients & Excellent Tutoring
- • I attended a presentation for tutoring excellence, where I was awarded for being an excellent tutor, along with three others, and four others who were nearly excellent, and where I nearly choked to death. After chatting to Ken and Darren for half an hour at the presentation, I headed up to their office to complain about losing half of half a mark for allowing the thirty-first of April as a date, and ended up chatting for another half hour, and gaining some insight into what they’re trying to do with this course, but not my half of half a mark.
- • I had read the entire FTP RFC on the train into uni, to get into the mood. Once there, Maz and Craig worked on their coding for our COMS4200 assignment, while I wrote the documentation and anything else still needed. It was due at three, and we submitted it on the dot of three, having not had time to write a makefile, and accidentally submitting a non-working version. We then rushed up to see the lecturer, only to find that all groups of three had received an extension until midnight tomorrow. This met with a bemused, although appreciative, response after we’d just spent all day stressing to meet a three o’clock deadline and then effectively missed it.
- • I rushed around at work, getting quite hot, as I’d decided to test many things because it was raining and there was almost no one at uni.
- • Bronwen called and invited me home, and then came and picked me up.
- Comment by krait – Thursday 14 April 2005, 12:59 PM
- Congratulations on not nearly choking.
- Comment by Ned – Friday 15 April 2005, 10:05 AM
- Comment by kathryn – Friday 15 April 2005, 9:56 PM
- today i turned 20
- Comment by Ned – Tuesday 19 April 2005, 12:34 AM
- Happy Birthday! :-)