IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Thursday 8 April 2004 (Day View)
08.04.2004 – Thursday 8 April – Starsky, Hutch & XSLT Powered Image Viewing
- • I was supposed to go to university today, but woke up half an hour after the train went. I did some more work on my XOR encrypting and decrypting “Systems Interface Programming” assignment, getting a few menus and stuff working, and then got sick of it. It would be so much easier if I knew C – obviously. Every little thing takes ages because I don’t know how to do it.
- • Having got sick of both my assignment and sitting in front of my computer, I decided to head into town, get some dinner, and see a movie. I had a rice curry thing from a shop in Indooroopilly, went and bought some chocolate, browsed through a stereo and television shop, and saw “Starsky & Hutch”. The price has gone up fifty cents – it now costs $6.50 for University of Queensland students, and we don’t even get that on Saturday evenings. I guess I can’t complain – that’s still considerably cheaper than what everyone else has to pay. The movie was fun, and quite full. There was a big queue waiting to see it, and it was shown in one of the larger cinemas.
- Comment by keight – Saturday 10 April 2004, 4:24 PM
- Did you go to the 8:40 session of Starsky and Hutch, perchance?
- Comment by Ned – Sunday 11 April 2004, 2:54 PM
- I don’t recall – but it was probably a bit earlier than that.
- Comment by Ned – Sunday 11 April 2004, 10:22 PM
- Correction: It was the 8:40 PM viewing.
- Comment by kathryn – Sunday 2 January 2005, 4:37 PM
- random note this is my birthday and i remember seeing Starsky and Hutch and being dissapointed with the 80's humour.
- Comment by Ned – Monday 3 January 2005, 2:26 AM
- Happy Birthday!