IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Saturday 3 February 2007 (Day View)
03.02.2007 – Saturday 3 February – Motor Show & The Last King of Scotland
- • Maz and I went to the Brisbane International Motor Show. I’m not particularly interested in cars, and am not planning to buy one at the moment, but it was still interesting to see. It was particularly interesting seeing the markets the particular manufacturers are aiming at.
- • Maz and I went to Kieran’s, then to Umart, then I came back home. My site has problems—an inability to write to files—and my username and password aren’t working. They’ve been making some unannounced changes on the server and I’m not that happy. This has been happening since yesterday evening, and still isn’t fixed. Anger, flamethrowers, napalm.
- • Fought my web server. It sucks.
- • Went and saw “The Last King of Scotland” with Clint, which affected me oddly. It’s not a bad movie, reasonably powerful in an emotional way. Normally I wouldn’t be affected by a movie, but something about it triggered my existing mood, and I ended up in a pensive mood all night. Similar to how some music you may have listened to a million times will suddenly take on a strong emotional significance, due to your existing mood.
- • I ended up having a late night.