IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Thursday 2 February 2006 (Day View)
02.02.2006 – Thursday 2 February – Beds, Beer & Joe
- • I had a very filling lunch at Govinda’s, and headed, bloated, down to Joe’s for a chat and an afternoon beer. Clint dropped by around midnight, and we went for a walk, finding a queen sized bed, and carrying it several blocks back here. For those of you who haven’t carried queen sized beds several blocks, it is actually extremely difficult, and does not do nice things to your fingers. We carried the bed with the mattress on top most of the way, going ridiculously small distances before having to give our fingers a break, and finally figured out at the end that it was far easier to carry the mattress on our heads, and the bed by itself. I didn’t get to sleep until after two o’clock, which is sorrowfully late for me, now that I’m no longer the exciting nighttime uni student that I used to be.
- Comment by Clint – Friday 3 February 2006, 12:07 PM
- All hail Clint, finder and carrier of things useful.
- Comment by Ned – Friday 3 February 2006, 6:56 PM
- …and owner of a GPS with old waypoints…
- Comment by io – Saturday 4 February 2006, 1:25 PM
- You two are nerds.
- Comment by Mum – Saturday 4 February 2006, 8:41 PM
- Good heavens! What was a queen sized bed doing all by itself out on the streets? What a score!