IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Wednesday 25 May 2005 (Day View)
25.05.2005 – Wednesday 25 May – Oracle is bad, Tomorrow is Today
- • Kieran collected Maz and I, and we returned to the joy and happiness that abounds within the walls of GPS.
- • I just got back from Indooroopilly, where Kieran and I had lunch. Now, back to INFS3202, which I’ve been working on all morning.
- • Going to walk to the Ville for food and then go to work. Maz is heading off with Kieran, also to work.
- • Here I am back in the labs after an uneventful night at work. How happy I am that I can once again be with my SQL.
- • After spending hours trying to fix a stupid, spastic, horrible Oracle error, I am now back to actually getting some work done. Kieran has just left.
- • Showered and cleaned teeth – and am now feeling somewhat more human.
- • So tired. Going for a walk and to look for food.
- • CSSE3004 is not what I wanted this morning – I am so tired. Ken refuses to release any tutorial solutions. Ken refuses to provide a sample exam. Ken refuses to release past exams. Ken refuses to provide the sample exam question lecture slides we were shown today. I am paying for this course, and Ken is making it as ineffectual as he possibly can. Ken must go.
- • More INFS3202. What a horrible assignment – Java is a horrible language, and JSP has to be the worst server-side language possible. Oracle is a despicable joke, and Tomcat ridiculously slow.
- • Off for food then lecture to see Kieran lecturing. In retrospect, he did not do any lecturing, but I did get a free chocolate bar.
- • About to head off to work. In labs with Kieran, Clint, Marcus, having just got back from the Microsoft .NET demonstration.