IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Friday 22 June 2007 (Day View)
22.06.2007 – Friday 22 June – Relaxing Insanity
- • I’ve taken the day off work, gone to Toowong for lunch with Maz (nachos, naturally), and dropped the bond change form at the real estate. Not bad considering how late I got up.
- • I am buggered. It’s lucky I didn’t go to work. So far today, I’ve nearly been run over, deleted all my SMS’s by accident, and now I’ve just opened a browser window... but can’t remember why. I have a feeling it was important too. It’s sitting there saying “Input URL or Search String”, and I’m sitting here, full from nachos I had at Toowong with Maz, but worried because I know there was something I had to do. Nup, drawing a mental blank here—no idea what it was I sat down here to do, so I might take out my old motherboard and return that to Umart.
- • My floor is covered in computer parts.
- • Returning my $69 motherboard to Umart under warranty cost me $25. I’m not sure if that’s particularly good value, or even legal. Returning my graphics card didn’t cost me anything, but the “tech” there kept referring to the d-sub VGA plug as an AGP plug, so I’m not overly confident about that one. I can feel an “it’s not broken, you owe us money for testing it”, “yes it is, and you owe me money for the inconvenience” fighting match coming up.
- • Bronwen and I drive to the airport to drop her parents off, and then off to indoor soccer.
- Comment by io – Friday 22 June 2007, 10:00 PM
- I'm the creepiest Asian I know - if you need extra firepower, you know who to /query! I think the other Asians get a little scared. It must be my haircut.