IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Thursday 12 June 2008 (Day View) – My First Day at SkyNet.
12.06.2008 – Thursday 12 June – First Day at Work
- Before 7
- • I got up, showered, and drove to my first day at SkyNet. It took a little over half an hour to get there, which I thought wasn’t too bad considering the time and that it’s out at the airport.
- • For my first duty on my first day at work, I assembled my desk and chair—something everyone here has apparently done. It’s harder than it looks. The rest of the day was spent learning things about my new job, as you’d expect.
- • Traffic back from the airport is as bad as expected, though once onto Kingsford Smith Drive, it isn’t too bad.
- • Home again. It’s about a 40 minute drive, but once I’ve learnt enough to be self sufficient I’ll work outside peak hour times.
- • I dropped past Woolworths, where I bought dip and corn chips, and headed over to Maz’s, where Kieran, Maz and I watched the latest Futurama movie. It’s not very good.