IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Friday 6 May 2005 (Day View)
06.05.2005 – Friday 6 May – Wherein I buy a milkshake
- • Slept in, left around midday for uni, eating a six inch “Veggie Delite” subway on the bus for lunch. I then had a rather long meeting with Ken about CSSE3004 and went to POD and printed CSSE3004 stuff for a meeting tomorrow. Evening consisted of signing myself up as a PSYC1030 guinea pig and working. I also bought a milkshake. It was chocolate flavoured.
- Comment by Maz – Saturday 7 May 2005, 2:06 AM
- About your milkshake, an inside joke and about a sandwich. Bonus points for that effort.
- Comment by Jojo – Saturday 7 May 2005, 10:18 AM
- Ned's alive. woo hoo. you hadnot posted in weeks and i was worried you had stopped blogging!
CSSE3004 is silly isnt it?
May i ask (and you may say no) what types of things did you discuss with Ken? course things or group things? Cheers.
- Comment by Ned – Saturday 7 May 2005, 10:38 AM
- What did I discuss? I had reported myself as unsatisfactory. To quote, “Ned was sick and unable to work for several days during this period, meaning he did not complete his assigned tasks on time. He also had two other assignments due on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday that the Project Plan is due, and as they are worth 15% and 20% of their respective courses, as opposed to the few percent that the Project Plan is worth, he gave them precedence over his assigned tasks for the Project Plan. Due to the delays caused by his medical condition and the other assignments which he has got extensions for, he has also stayed up all night and, while he can’t say for sure, he suspects that other group members may feel that he is unlikely to do a particularly good job with his assigned tasks due to this. Fortunately, however, he has two litres of iced coffee and hopes that this resolves all his problems – Allah be praised!” Ken wished to discuss why I felt I was unsatisfactory, and how I should go about resolving this. I also had a marks complaint to resolve, some general course questions, and a little chit-chat about life in general and the IT department and helpdesk here in particular.
- Comment by Mum – Sunday 8 May 2005, 9:50 PM
- Twas only a little while. He is alive and well. Allah be praised. (I mean this)
- Comment by Clint – Thursday 12 May 2005, 11:07 PM
- Good to see you're better uleh