IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Monday 5 December 2005 (Day View)
05.12.2005 – Monday 5 December – Hot, Bible Codes & Amanda
- • I trained back to Joe’s, having been unable to renew my student ticket due to my student card having expired. I then put the hard drive I got from Maz into the computer and copied a few DVD’s over to the computer for smoother playback, did some washing, and tried my best not to move, as it’s very, very, hot.
- • I trained back to the city again, then bussed out to uni where I attended, along with Clint and Scruff, a talk about the “Bible Codes” from a member of a committee attempting to disprove that they actually exist. Interestingly, while trivially easy to show that the “codes” seem to be irrelevant in that it is possible to find similar “codes” in any text, including, as demonstrated, “Moby Dick” and the lyrics from popular songs; yet it was not trivially possible to scientifically disprove their validity, and even after a six year attempt, the best disproof this committee could come up with was, at best, unconvincing.
- • I caught the bus back to the city, then a broken train towards Bowen Hills, arriving late due to its brokenness, and from there out to Amanda’s with Amanda, where I spent the night.
- Comment by Damian – Wednesday 7 December 2005, 2:37 PM
- Ned, please come to Melbourne. The invitation will always be there.
- Comment by Ned – Wednesday 7 December 2005, 5:27 PM
- Melbourne is definitely the next place I’m planning to visit. No firm times, dates or plans, but pretty soon after I get settled in to work and can get some time I’m thinking.