IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Sunday 2 December 2007 (Day View)
02.12.2007 – Sunday 2 December – Hobart
- • Both Bronwen and I slept in. I woke feeling seedy. We went for a walk around Hobart, looking for food, but nothing was open. It was fairly hot and tiring. Around lunchtime, as things gradually opened, we had nachos at a café on the main mall.
- • It’s quite hot, though I suppose not very hot compared to what Brisbane would be at this time of year. Bronwen and I retired back to our room.
- • Off for a walk. Checked out a local beach, imaginatively named Sandy Beach. The water is quite cold—I don’t think I’ll be swimming. We also found a Woolworths, so there’s some civilisation around here, though the city still seems very small.
- • Wandered around Hobart. Bought a milkshake. It has been quite hot, only getting cooler now, though it didn’t get dark until 8:30. Had a nice curry that Bronwen made for dinner.
- • Back from our walk, and off to bed. There weren’t many people around, but there were still several restaurants open—later than they’d normally be in Brisbane, particularly on a Sunday night.
- Comment by io – Saturday 12 April 2008, 1:39 PM
- The ubiquitous milkshake makes materializes in Hobart!