IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| Month View| Saturday 1 November 2003 (Day View)
01.11.2003 – Saturday 1 November
- • I didn’t wake up until after eleven, having gone to bed at seven, a full sixteen hours sleep. I then proceeded to waste away the evening doing non-uni things, including (but not limited to) walking and shopping in the hot, hot sun, arriving home hot, and then driving past the shops to pick up some scratch-its for Joe, who ordered me “Chinese” in return. Today’s highlight was the woman I met at the supermarket while we were being kicked out (they shut at five on Saturday’s and six on Sunday’s?), she was somehow ultra attractive, although I don’t know why. It made me think about attractiveness, and it’s strangely fickle nature – but I’m too tired to be coherent (16 hours of sleep does not equate to being rested, rather the opposite) so I’ll stop there.
- • I also achieved the temporary procurement, on a weekly loan basis, of the following video titles: “Wedding, Monsoon”; “Bad Things, Very”; “Ned Devine, Waking”; “Clockwork Orange, A”; “Lolita”; “The Dragon, Enter”; and “Ransom”. I can’t remember why I got them.
- • I’m talking to Mum on MSN, having done very little of my nasty Java assignment. I really must start again soon.
- Comment by keight – Sunday 2 November 2003, 3:09 AM
- Hey ned, Whats your msn address?
- Comment by Ned – Sunday 2 November 2003, 6:34 AM
- Hello, my MSN information is (or isn’t as the case may be) here: http://the-i.org/intouch_msn
- Comment by DK – Sunday 2 November 2003, 9:07 AM
- Poor you :( Good luck with your course work! :)
- Comment by keight – Sunday 2 November 2003, 11:35 AM
- I've mostly worked it out. MSN if you still nee help, and your awake before submisssion :p
- Comment by bv – Tuesday 4 November 2003, 1:02 AM
- Dear Sir, I am writing this to express my interest in being considered for a position as a stalker in your cult/organisation. I have your house address, a street map and a butter knife previously used in animal sacrifice. I enclose further details of my application within. Regards, bv
- Comment by Ned – Tuesday 4 November 2003, 4:16 AM
- Dear bv, We regret to inform you that we cannot accept you as a stalker, due to your hairstyle. Your butter knife, however, is urged to reapply on its own.